Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Cabinet of Wonders: The Kronos Chronicles: Book I by Marie Rutkoski



Petra Kronos has a simple, happy life. But it’s never been ordinary. She has a tin spider named Astrophil who likes to hide in her hair and give her advice. Her best friend can trap lightning in a glass sphere. And Petra’s father is able to move metal with his mind. He has been commissioned by the prince of Bohemia to build the world’s finest astronomical clock. Then Petra’s father returns home—blind. The prince has stolen his eyes, enchanted them, and now wears them. Petra doesn’t know why, but she does know this: She will go to Prague and steal her father’s eyes back. When she finds out that her father’s clock has the power to destroy the world, Petra realizes she may never make it home alive.

15 comments:

  1. **
    To me this is a very boring book that has a better ending but is still pretty boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taylor/Mrs.HemingwayNovember 6, 2010 at 11:28 AM

    **
    i liked this book alot but when at the when i finished i had no idea what i read. their was too much information and too many events. thier can never be too many events but it was just overload

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like her spider named astrophil. But I did not like the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. breanna b./hemingwayNovember 10, 2010 at 2:13 PM

    petra wanted to retrive the enchante eyes stolen for her dad facing many events she got them.
    i did not like this boook u couldnt realy tell what it was about.*

    ReplyDelete
  5. i did not really like this book it bored me it gave to much information and was hard to follow it was very confusing

    ReplyDelete
  6. *****
    The book was filled with fiction and a splash of history. I would recommend this book for people who like tin spiders that talk to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it becase the spiders name is funny astrophill

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked how neel had Ghost fingers

    ReplyDelete
  9. The book is okay the ending is better but I still did not like that much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is a VARY good book! when danger approaches your heart pounds as you start to read faster to see if she survives or if she has a consequence.i would rate this book 5 stars!

    ReplyDelete
  11. *****
    I love the book, I love how feel the exicitment,like you are on a rollercoaster,about to drop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did not really like this book because i did not understand it well but i kinda like the ending.*

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didnt like this book that much but the spider was pretty cool. i rated this book***

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved books 1 and 2 and can't wait until april when book three comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. mallory m/ hemingwayMarch 16, 2011 at 12:36 PM

    I think the spider astrophil is funny! I liked this book! I liked how petra was very brave about going to the castle to get her fathers eyes back.

    ReplyDelete